Accurate, reliable caries detection aid. More and more patients place high value on healthy and attractive teeth. In order to maintain them, the earliest preventive possible care is essential. With the aid of DIAGNOdent in caries detection, North York family dentist Dr. Diaz can detect even very small lesions at the earliest stage, enabling her to protect and preserve your tooth substance.
If the disease cannot be detected, how can your dentist treat it?
Dentists often experience anxiety when attempting to diagnose the phenomenon known as hidden caries. A suspicious-looking tooth presents a treatment dilemma for dentists. Should the tooth be opened up? What if no caries is found? Should the tooth just be watched, or does that give caries more time to destroy the tooth’s surface? Laser caries detection aid removes the doubt from treatment decisions regarding hidden caries lesions or questionable stained grooves.
Benefits for patients:
• Permits use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation – ideal adjunct to micro rotary instruments.
• Reproducible results permit checking, stabilization and documentation of caries.
• Is conservative by avoiding “exploratory” excavation of suspect teeth.
• Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 80% accurate.
• Early detection of carious lesion changes that are undiagnosed by conventional examination methods (e.g. initial lesions, demineralization and changes in the enamel, fissure caries). • No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
• No x-ray exposure.
call us to make your appointment (416) 636-4227.